Community Policy Statement
The managers and owners of LINDOS MARE share the commitment to ensure positive relationships between the hotel and the local community and businesses. LINDOS MARE hotel has positive social and economic impacts wherever possible and minimises or eliminates instances of negative impacts.
Our Community Policy and primary goals are as follows:
In order to satisfy broader sustainability criteria including the socio-economic impacts and staff welfare, recognized sustainability awards will be achieved. The Hotel also works with local schools and colleges upon request to provide accommodation and where possible, work experience opportunities.
LINDOS MARE hotel purchases and promotes products from the local area, whilst ensuring that quality of food does not compromise the comfort of our guests. This will help reduce CO2 emissions from transportation of products from international destinations. Wherever possible, we pay our suppliers within the credit terms they request. Additionally, local service providers are used in preference to multinational companies wherever practicable.
The hotel recognizes the importance of recruiting local people as preferred employees. This increases the likelihood of monies being spent in the local community. Additionally, it encourages local residents to stay within the community, rather than seeking employment outside of the community. The policy preserves our destination, which is the base for prospective and repeat guests.
4. Donations and Charity
LINDOS MARE hotel donates items such as furniture or linen that are no longer suitable for use within the hotel, to local organisations that may benefit from them (e.g. schools, local hospitals, community groups, etc). The hotel also carefully considers how it may help the local community by the provision of in-kind support, meal donations for local events, etc.
Employee Policy & children protection
1. We respect fundamental human rights. We do not tolerate any violation of human rights.
2. We take steps to prevent and eliminate any harassment such as sexual harassment, abuse of power in the workplace.
3. We respect individual privacy.
1. We are committed to prevent and eliminate any discrimination on the basis of race, nationality, ethnic origin, creed, sex, gender, age, religion, disability and any other basis protected by the applicable law.
2. In respect of employment and occupation, we will not damage the equality of opportunity on the basis of any irrational reason that is not directly linked to legitimate business needs.
Employment, Labor Condition and Child Protection
1. We will not engage in child labor or forced labor. We will never take a child as a laborer who is under the legal employment age as defined in Greek law.
2. We will not dismiss employees based on irrational reasons without a direct relationship to legitimate business needs.
3. We respect children’s rights and we are committed to protect children both from general and sexual exploitation according to Council of Europe Convention on the Protection of Children against Sexual Exploitation and Sexual Abuse CETS No.: 201.
4. Every suspicious behavior regarding exploitation or violation of child protection guidelines and policies will be reported to management and to relevant stakeholders ( tour operators, child protection organizations, law enforcement agencies etc.)
We will pay wages that meet or exceed the legally required wages.
The managers and owners of LINDOS MARE hotel share the commitment to achieve optimal environmental management in its daily operations.
Recognizing the impact that tourism places on natural resource availability and climate change, we will work to ensure LINDOS MARE hotel responsibly manages waste, avoids pollution, incorporates energy efficient equipment wherever possible, and encourages customers to respect and participate in efforts to minimize the environmental impacts of the hotel.
The primary goals related to environmental management are as follows:
1.Environmental and Energy saving initiatives
Finalize the implementation of energy monitoring systems to capture, evaluate and analyze significant energy uses of the hotel.
Ensure all staff are trained as appropriate in energy conservation
Monitor and minimize electric energy consumption
Ensure all heavy and light equipment purchased in the future is rated as energy-efficient (grade A)
All new equipment and projects will be evaluated partially on the basis of life cycle energy cost
Comply with related legal requirements and exemplary operate towards future legal and other requirements related to energy management
LINDOS MARE hotel recognizes the scarcity of the source, the effect of climate change and the increased demand for water. Therefore without compromising guest comfort or health and safety policies, further incorporates water saving devices and procedures to minimize overall water consumption.
On average, each guest produces over 1 kilo of waste each night, mostly composed of beverage and paper products, accounting for 65% of all hotel waste. The hotel minimizes its solid waste production in all areas of the hotel, and encourages guests to join the recycling program.
The hotel will avoid the use of chemicals known on the United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization’s, prior informed consent list. It also ensures safe disposal of all chemicals that are in use.
In order to satisfy broader sustainability criteria including the socio-economic impacts and staff welfare, we will achieve certification in recognized sustainability protocols.
This policy statement will be reviewed annually to ensure that it remains applicable to the activities of the Hotel and any agreements made between the Hotel and its stakeholders.
Action that can be taken while you are staying in Lindos Mare:
- Consider the towel reuse/bed linen changing program in place for saving water
- Do not leave the room card in the card holder if you are not in the room.
- Change the air-conditioning set point at the highest convenient temperature for you.
- Please keep the doors and windows closed while using air-conditioning.
- Use the recycling bins in public areas for paper, plastic and tins
Thank you for choosing to stay in Lindos Mare Hotel and supporting our environmental efforts.
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE.
Quality Management Statement
The management and the owners of LINDOS MARE hotel consider quality as the most important competence of our business because only by exceeding customer expectations we can maintain our main competitive advantage of increased value to our customers. We are committed to continuous improvement and have established a Quality Management System which provides a framework for measuring and improving our performance. We have the following systems and procedures in place to support us in our aim of total customer satisfaction and continuous improvement throughout our business:
Customer feedback: Gathering and monitoring
Feedback and complaints procedure
Training, development and evaluation of our employees
Quantitative quality objectives to achieve business aims
In LINDOS MARE hotel we strive to understand our client, to address every need he might have and eventually to exceed his expectations. In order to achieve this goal, we offer high quality service, in a way that every customer can feel welcome and relaxed through dedicated, unobtrusive, customer oriented service in all parts of his stay with us.
Health & Safety Policy Statement
Health and Safety procedures are the most important part regarding our business aims and practices; therefore, LINDOS MARE hotel is committed to a strong health & safety program that protects its staff, its property and its customers from accidents or any other form of preventable unpleasant situations. In this context, these are some of the most important actions we undertake to ensure Health and Safety for our customers:
Cooperate with licensed external Partner to perform regular Health & Safety audits
Regular chemical analyses of food, water and ice in cooperation with licensed laboratories.
Samples are collected from all departments of the hotel
Security checks throughout the night.
Licensed Lifeguard on duty at main Pool area.
Blue Flag Beach Certification Program.
Except from the above mentioned general actions we implement all the best practices regarding Health and Safety procedures for hotels with the relevant adaptation required for the specifics of our hotel.
On behalf of LINDOS MARE’s Management Team
Alexandros P. Mortzos - General Manager